Monday, January 24, 2011

Chicago: Part 1 (Tuesday Night)

Chicago: Home to a loveable truant, two bear-themed sports teams, and my friend Kon.

After our underwhelming stop in Cleveland and our listless drive through Indiana, we were so happy to be in Chicago Tuesday night.  We met up with Kon, a friend I met through Jessica, at Gino’s East for their signature deep-dish pizza.


My first time in Chicago I had Giordano’s deep-dish and fell in love.  I’m glad Gino’s was just as good as Giordano’s.

Layers of deliciousness.

The food coma was pretty intense.

Kon succumbing to the power of the deep-dish food coma.

We shook off our sleepiness and headed back to Kon’s place where we played with their adorable new kitty Franky.



Tina, his girlfriend, joined us later.  I didn’t get a good picture of the couple (Franky stole my heart and became my muse), so here they are at Kingston Mines last year.


She’s also working on a screenplay.  That's right, they have an adorable kitten, a place with a great view and a movie in the works.

Be jealous.

2 comments:

  1. Kitty Friend! Not a city bobcat but you are getting closer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Franky! Great photos of Chi-Town. Onwards to warmer weather you two..

    ReplyDelete