Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 2: Cleveland



This was a very quick stop.  More of an eh-might-as-well visit.  First thing we did was walking around the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.  Did we go in?  No.  Were we tempted to go in?  Sure.  That is until we saw two neon signs inside that said “Moby!” and “Gwen!”  We agreed that if those two artists were its draw, we’d pass.

Not pictured: enthusiasm.

Not pictured: rocking out to Moby or Gwen Stefani.

We drove to the Sausage Shoppe that Anthony Bourdain featured on No Reservations (I know I shouldn’t mention his name on my blog, but the man does go to some good spots).  To our dismay, it was closed.  We resorted to eating trail mix for lunch.

Why does this science museum look like a Lego man with a bowl cut?

Determined to end on a high note, we ventured to the nearby Cleveland Metroparks Zoo.  It didn’t look like there were that many animals out – understandably so, considering the time of year – but if they’re going to charge us $7 a person to see a few frostbitten animals, we’d rather save that money for the sunny San Diego Zoo.

Chilly pony friends


Cleveland was a rather disappointing experience, not that I went in with high hopes.  Before residents of Cleveland jump down my throat, I want to state for the record that I went in with an open mind, since I’m also from a small city with a bad rap.  But let’s face it: with all of the other destinations we have on this trip, Cleveland was rather low on our priority list.  We figured we’d give it a shot and, well, meh.

Honestly, if an out-of-towner said, "Meh" about Baltimore, I'd consider that flattery.

If you’re from Cleveland and there’s something we should have seen while we were there that would make us want to go back, now’s your time to do your city proud in the comments.


2 comments:

  1. Pony Friends! More animal photos! i need to see a city bobcat stat!!!!!

    ps this is from Jessica but david feels the same way about animal friend photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think Cincinnati is the only decent city in Ohio... I'm from Ohio so I can say that lol. I'd compare Cinci to Baltimore.

    ReplyDelete