Monday, January 24, 2011

Chicago: Part 3 (Wednesday Night)



Sears Tower
I realize most of the things I did this trip were the same as last trip, but the Sears (err, Willis) Tower is one of those sites where it doesn’t hurt to go a second time.  We went a half hour before sunset, and let me tell you that it was worth it.  We stayed until nightfall.  I’ll let the pictures do the talking.

Daylight
 Skydeck
 Chicago River
 Lake Michigan



 Sunset


 Chicago River




 Lake Michigan with rising moon
 Dusk
 







 
Saved the best for last.
Moonlight on Lake Michigan shows different parts of the lake are frozen.
 
Portillo’s
We met up with Kon at Portillo’s after the Skydeck.  We got Chicago style dog: pickle spear, spicy peppers, relish, onions, tomato, mustard (no ketchup!) on a poppy seed bun.


Best followed with their signature chocolate cake.


B.L.U.E.S.
For authentic Chicago blues, Ayk and I headed to the north side of the city.  We wanted to go to Kingston Mines, but they were closed, thanks to the Health Department.

Comforting

Instead, we went to B.L.U.E.S., which is just across the street and owned by the same people.


While sipping some local beer and chilling to the music, I ran into Colleen, my adviser from Zeta.  Small, small world.

Colleen and me

We left the bar and head back to Kon’s in need of some sleep after a busy day.  G’night, Chicago!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment