Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Carlsbad Caverns 2

It's really worth overcoming the irrational fear that the cavern is going to devour you.  For a second, you feel like you're on a different planet. Here's more, if you haven't gotten your fill yet.

I guess I'm fairly jittery, because most of my pictures didn't turn out that well in the low light (note: any light you see is artificial; otherwise, it'd be pitch black).  Ayk took over as photographer and took these awesome pictures.
 



Lion's Tail
There is actually no color on this stalagmite, but merely what my camera and editing software felt it should look like.  With a little imagination, it looks like an enchanting island with tiers of trees where little creatures live.
Now this just looks like a boob.

Ladder to the Bottomless Pit
Me shimmying on the trail to alleviate boredom.  Ayk asked me why I got so bored, considering how beautiful the caverns are.  My explanation: We couldn't speak above a whisper and he had the audio tour guide; I just had to shimmy.






Another enchanted forest


Definitely our favorite picture from the caverns.
Another lion's tail
A Broadway light director designed the lighting in the caverns.  Can't you tell?  FABULOUS!


The most difficult part about editing these pictures: determining which side was up and which side was down.  However, we are fairly confident that no sideways pictures sneaked their way in.

No comments:

Post a Comment