Friday, February 4, 2011

Drive from SLC to Sacramento: Nevada

We left SLC early Friday morning to head to Sacramento.  There we were meeting up with Mo, Ayk's friend from University of Maryland, and his wife Amy.

On a scale of Wyoming to Colorado (Wyoming being positively miserable to Colorado being wonderfully scenic), I’d give this drive a 7.  It was pretty boring in some areas, but it became picturesque later in the drive.  It's a 9 hour drive on I-80, so of course it's not going to be completely stunning along the way.

Before I get into our pictures, I have to share this image of a hill with actual eyes in Utah on I-80.  We weren't able to process what we saw until we passed it by, and my camera is unbearably slow, so we didn't actually get an image of this creepy site.  Luckily, we found it with a google image search.  It's too good not to share:


OK, enough creepiness for now.  Here's our collection of pictures from Salt Lake City up to Lake Tahoe.  The drive stared out foggy, but quickly cleared up...






 Aw, a heart!
 Reno: The Biggest Little City We Didn't Care Enough To See


No comments:

Post a Comment