Tuesday, February 1, 2011

SLC: Family Time

Salt Lake City: Home to the Mormon Motherland, Olympics-worthy skiing, and the most lifeless body of water next to the Dead Sea.

Nicole, dad and me

My oldest sister Nicole and her husband Jon have four kids and they are all adorable.  Raising four kids 10 and under is a fulltime job.  And, man, is that a busy, busy job.  How she managed to host 6 other family members (Ayk and I planned to be in SLC the same weekend my dad, stepmom and two step-siblings were visiting her) in addition to her family of 6 is beyond me.  That's 12 people to take care of.  She did it well and, on top of that, made us some positively delicious food.

Tex-mex deliciousness

On the road, Ayk and I usually eat at restaurants or resort to trail mix if we’re desperate.  Home cooked meals are a rare occasion on this trip, so we’re thrilled to have someone take the time to make them for us.

Chocolate torte

Enough food for now.  As I was saying earlier, all of my nieces and nephews are adorable.  Evidence:

Lily* is 10 and I am 24.  I was her height when I was 13.  We're certain she’ll be towering over me in two years -- if not one year.

Old man and the newest member of the family. 

Alice sporting the latest fashions.

 Raspberries


Timmy using his net to catch Alice, as a butterfly 

"Eat like a piggy!"

The weird part is that neither of them has seen A Christmas Story

Om nom nom nom 

Timmy and Ayk dueling it out.

*Names have been changed, as per their mother's request.

1 comment:

  1. Love it...Love it!!! You are a very talented writter! And mucho famous!
    It was loads of fun to have you and Ayk visit :)

    ReplyDelete