Monday, February 14, 2011

Honey Badger Homage

If you have spent more than 10 minutes talking to me in the past two months, I have probably told you about the Honey Badger – the Chuck Norris of the animal kingdom.  Ayk has probably heard me talk about it at least a dozen times (Ayk’s note: That’s a conservative estimate).

This obsession slightly bordering monomania seems misplaced, since girls always fall for the cute and cuddly animals.  What makes this stubby and vicious creature so fascinating?  Simply put: it’s pure, unadulterated badass.  Watch this video and you will be overcome by its sheer awesomeness:


I have been antsy and giddy to see the Honey Badger ever since we planned to visit San Diego on this trip.  I’m fairly certain that I told almost every friend we saw on this road trip how much I wanted to see it.  Sadly, we didn’t realize that the SD Zoo is so massive that it has several different parks.  The Honey Badger, as cruel fate would have it, is located at a completely different park than the one we visited.

With only one and a half days in San Diego, my mother’s hometown, it was either take a brief tour of the city, or see the Honey Badger.  We went with the former.  It was hard holding back the tears.

Some day, Honey Badger, I will see you.  Some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment