Friday, February 11, 2011

LA: Venice Beach


I’ve heard interesting things about Venice Beach, and I was bummed I didn’t get to see it the last time I was in LA.  I left my camera in the car when we went there (smart, I know), so these pictures are all from my cell phone.

Venice Beach is a mash-up of the 60s and 90s; stoner hippies and grunge, plaid-wearing skateboarders are everywhere.  Replace baggy jeans with skinny jeans for a touch of modernity.  


Here you only stick out if you’re dressed conventionally.  Those aren't women on the left.

The weirder, the better.

Muscle Beach


A medical marijuana place on each block.  Weed and Botox: Knockout your glaucoma while you knockout your wrinkles.


What’s sad is that most of the people appeared to be homeless teenagers who ran away from home.  Well, if you’re going to be homeless, go where it’s warm.
  
Ayk and I were in much need to catch up on our sleep, so we headed to San Diego where we slept almost 12 hours.  LA was a brief trip, and in retrospect, it would have been nice to plan more time to spend there.  As it were, we have too many other things on our list.

1 comment: